Start your own home candy business with Chocolates and Confections: Formula, Theory, and Technique for the Artisan Confectioner by Peter P. Greweling and The Culinary Institute of America (CIA), with recipes like Buckwheat Beehives, Toffee Drops, and Turkish Delight.
Yield: 140 pieces
1. Combine the starch and water thoroughly and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
2. While maintaining the liquid at a simmer, mix together the glucose syrup and sugar and add to the simmering liquid, along with the scraped vanilla seeds and pod.
3. Continue cooking on medium heat, stirring constantly, until the batch reaches 106 degrees C/223 degrees F, or 78 degrees Brix.
4. Remove from heat and pluck out the vanilla pod. Stir in the rose water, citric acid, and rose coloring. Add the pistachios.
5. Pour into a 12" x 12" x 3/4" frame placed on a plastic sheet. Spread the hot mixture evenly in the frame.
6. Place another plastic sheet onto the top of the jelly and allow to set, undisturbed, overnight.
7. Remove the plastic sheets from the jelly and dust generously with a sifted mixture of 2 parts confectioners' sugar to 1 part cornstarch.
8. Using a chef's knife, cut into 1" squares. Dredge the squares in the starch mixture.
Saffron Turkish Delight with Pistachios
Add 3/4 tsp saffron threads to the batch along with the sugar. Omit the rose water and coloring.
Cardamom Cashew Turkish Delight
Add 2 tsp ground cardamom along with the sugar. Omit the rose water and coloring. Replace the pistachios with toasted cashews.
Manufactured flavors and citric acid may be used in the recommended quantities as desired Omit the rose water. Use appropriate coloring for the flavor chosen. Omit the nuts.
This page created October 2007
The Global Gourmet®
175 Home Recipes
Burma: Rivers of Flavor
Cake Mix Doctor
Craft of Coffee
Crazy Sexy Kitchen
Fifty Shades Chicken
French Slow Cooker
Frontera - Rick Bayless
Gluten-Free Quick & Easy
Jerusalem: A Cookbook
Lidia's Favorite Recipes
Make-Ahead and Freeze
Paleo Slow Cooking
Quick Family Cookbook
Southern Living Recipes
Sweet Life in Paris
Trader Joe's Vegetarian
Copyright © 1994-2017,