A Seasonal Guide to Healthy Eating
Commemorating 50 years of School Lunch
1. In a large sauce pan, heat oil over medium heat until hot.
2. Add peppers and sauté over medium heat for 3 minutes until tender.
3. Add onions and sauté for 2 minutes until translucent.
4. In a small bowl, combinechili powder, cumin, garlic, onion powder, red hot sauce (optional), brown sugar, crushed tomato, and diced tomatoes.
5. Add tomato mixture to cooked vegetables and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
6. Mix in kidney beans, bulgur wheat, and water. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
7. Blend in yogurt and stir to blend.
8. Sprinkle 2 Tbsp of cheddar cheese over each serving.
Nutrients per serving
This winter, take your child to a public library. Take out a book about kids and gardening. Look for seed catalogues. Start planning your indoor or outdoor garden—for the spring.
Food, Family & Fun Main Page
This page originally published as part of the electronic Gourmet Guide between 1995 and 1999.
Copyright © 1994-2008, Forkmedia LLC. All rights reserved.
Anatolia: Turkish Recipes
The Beer Bible
Beetlebung Farm Cookbook
Bird in Hand (Chicken)
Bob's Joke Burgers
Dinner at Home
Fast Food (Andrew Weil)
Food 52 Genius
The Food Lab
Heritage Southern Recipes
Jemima Code African Recipes
Near & Far World Recipes
NOPI Restaurant Cookbook
Oxford Companion to Wine
Phoenix Claws: Chinese
The Third Plate
V Is for Vegetables
What Katie Ate
The Whole 30
Whole Food Kitchen
Zahav Israeli Cooking
Copyright © 1994-2016,