A Seasonal Guide to Healthy Eating
Commemorating 50 years of School Lunch
30 minutes to marinate;
1. In a bowl, combine black beans, corn, peppers, and onions.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, parsley, cumin, garlic powder, salsa, and oil.
3. Pour dressing over vegetables and stir to coat.
4. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or longer to marinate.
5. Before serving, sprinkle Monterey Jack cheese (optional) over top of salad.
Nutrients per serving
March is National Nutrition Month.
Ask your children to make a Nutrition Facts Label poster to hang on the cafeteria wall. They can present this poster to the food service staff. Ask the staff for the nutrition information. for a day's menu.
Food, Family & Fun Main Page
This page originally published as part of the electronic Gourmet Guide between 1995 and 1999.
Copyright © 1994-2008, Forkmedia LLC. All rights reserved.
The Global Gourmet®
175 Home Recipes
Burma: Rivers of Flavor
Cake Mix Doctor
Craft of Coffee
Crazy Sexy Kitchen
Fifty Shades Chicken
French Slow Cooker
Frontera - Rick Bayless
Gluten-Free Quick & Easy
Jerusalem: A Cookbook
Lidia's Favorite Recipes
Make-Ahead and Freeze
Paleo Slow Cooking
Quick Family Cookbook
Southern Living Recipes
Sweet Life in Paris
Trader Joe's Vegetarian
Copyright © 1994-2017,