A Seasonal Guide to Healthy Eating
Commemorating 50 years of School Lunch
Serves: 2-1/2 dozen cookies
Preheat oven to 375 ° F.
1. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, cream margarine or butter and 3/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add egg, vanilla, and milk and mix for one minute until smooth. Scrape the sides of the bowl.
3. In a small bowl, combine together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Add dry ingredients gradually to the creamed mixture and mix on low speed for one minute until well blended. Scrape the sides of the bowl.
4. Portion dough by rounded teaspoons onto lightly greased cookie sheets.
5. Combine 2 Tbsp sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon and sprinkle over cookies.
6. Bake for 10-13 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.
Nutrients per serving
Calories 76 Saturated fat.6 g Iron.4 mg
Protein 1 g Cholesterol 8 mg Calcium 14 mg
Carbohydrate 12 mg Vitamin A 32 RE Sodium 102 mg
Total Fat 2.6 g Vitamin C 0 mg Dietary Fiber 1 g
Celebrate Valentine's Day with a lower fat version of your favorite cake.
Food, Family & Fun Main Page
This page originally published as part of the electronic Gourmet Guide between 1995 and 1999.
Copyright © 1994-2008, Forkmedia LLC. All rights reserved.
Anatolia: Turkish Recipes
The Beer Bible
Beetlebung Farm Cookbook
Bird in Hand (Chicken)
Bob's Joke Burgers
Dinner at Home
Fast Food (Andrew Weil)
Food 52 Genius
The Food Lab
Heritage Southern Recipes
Jemima Code African Recipes
Near & Far World Recipes
NOPI Restaurant Cookbook
Oxford Companion to Wine
Phoenix Claws: Chinese
The Third Plate
V Is for Vegetables
What Katie Ate
The Whole 30
Whole Food Kitchen
Zahav Israeli Cooking
Copyright © 1994-2016,