Serving Size: 4-6
Preparation Time :0:30
- 1 recipe Pommes
Duchesse, cooled—(about 1 lb)
- 1 large onion, peeled, sliced and fried in butter
- 1 cup green beans, French cut cooked
- 1/2 cup carrots diced cooked
- 1/2 cup mushrooms cooked
- 1/2 cup peas, frozen, thawed, not cooked
- salt and white pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 lb butter
- Mix all the vegetables with the cold Pomme Duchesse, and season
- Form into patties of a convenient size, roll in flour and fry
in butter, or brush with butter and bake.
Other than the fried onions, the mix of vegetables depends on
whim, or the state of your leftover veggies. Mushrooms are great.
This makes a nice one crust vegatable pie. Use a blanched pie
crust, and pack in the filling.
You can melt cheese over the top of these when they are golden
Notes: These don't really belong to Hanukkah,
but they are potato pancakes, and so I thought I'd sneak them in
because they taste so good.
- Sweet Potato Latkes
- Cheese Latkes Judith
- Schmaltz (Rendering Chicken or Goose Fat)
- Crepes (for the "en Aumoniere")
- Fresh Apple
- Roesti Potato Pancakes
- Vegetarian Potato Cutlets (Mom's End of the Month Recipe)
- Pommes Duchesse
- Baked Apples (Dad's Recipe Handed Down to Me)
- Holiday eGGnog
©1996, Steve K. Holzinger. All rights reserved.
This Archived Page created between 1994 and 2001. Modified August 2007