The Halloween Body Shop
Edible Body Parts for Halloween
Our Motto: "Parts Is Parts"
By Kate Heyhoe
Here's our frightening guide to Halloween gore—all using real foods. Blindfold your victims as you escort them on this tactile tour of a "Taste of the Dark" (Halloween is much scarier when you can touch and hear, but cannot see), and guide them gently through a special passage to "The Haunted Body Shop"—where the motto is "parts is parts."
The Haunted Body Shop:
Body Parts Directory
- Teenage Werewolf Hearts: Peeled, roasted chestnuts ("good to eat—feel the ridges on your tongue")
- Bat's Toenails: Whole caraway or cumin seeds; "crush them in your teeth."
- Batwings: Smoked turkey wings (without the drumstick); beef jerky lightly soaked to soften.
- Bloody Nuns' Hearts: poached eggs in chunky salsa.
- Breaking Fingers: Wieners pierced with a thin breadstick; snap in half. (use a skewer to make a hole through the length of the wiener first).
- Burned Rats & Rattails: Long green anaheim chiles (fresh, with stem), charred until blackened.
- Coagulated Bat's Blood: chunky fruit purée with granola.
- Cockroach Carcasses: Rice crackers—the ones shaped like little logs.
- Dead Baby Brains: A bowl of overcooked, mushy cauliflower and eggplant, with large, round capers; can also be anyone's brains.
- Dead Baby Fat: Tofu, preferably silken soft but any variety will do.
- Dead Ears: Dried apricots, apples or pears.
- Dead Witch Veins: Cooked buccatini (hollow spaghetti), chilled.
- Decaying Flesh 1: dried phyllo dough sheets.
- Decaying Flesh 2: baked puff pastry.
- Decaying Flesh 3: mashed potatoes topped with flakes of the above.
- Decaying Flesh 4: Corn meal mush, or polenta, dried and in chunks.
- Decaying Flesh 5: Toasted dried seaweed sheets (Japanese nori); crush them.
- Dried Lizard Legs: fried La Choy Noodles.
- Dried Worm Exo-Skeletons: fried La Choy Noodles.
- Ectoplasm: Applesauce.
- Eyeballs 1: Popping: Cherry tomatoes set in gelatin (Jello) in an ice cube tray—stick one in the victim's mouth and tell them to bite down.
- Eyeballs 2: Peeled grapes in a bowl; stick the victim's hand in.
- Eyeballs 3: Olives stuffed with cream cheese and a squid tentacle.
- Eyeballs 4: Fish eyeballs: martini pearl onions in a bowl of honey; raisins plumped in oil.
- Fresh Vomit: Chunky Salsa & Canned Corn, mixed.
- Missing Toe or Finger: Piece of carrot, cut to proper size, peeled and dried for 2 days.
- Pus Soup: Mayonnaise and green salsa.
- Rotted teeth: Unpopped (or partially popped) popcorn kernels; Cornnuts; pine nuts.
- Skeleton hair: Corn silks.
- Vampire's Earwax: Fudge.
- Worms: Spaghetti in a bowl; spiral-shaped rotini make good locust larvae; stick victim's hand in.
- Zombie hair: scraped, cooked spaghetti squash.
Haunted Halloween Party
Halloween Recipes, Features and Links
Holiday and Party Recipes (by holiday and date)
Copyright © 1997-2007, Kate Heyhoe. All rights reserved.
This page created October 1997 and modified October 2007