Highlights from the Julia Child Cookbook Awards and International Association of Culinary Professionals (IACP) Conference, held April 23-27, 1996, in Philadelphia, PA. (photos taken with an early, pre-1995 digital camera)
1. Dinner at Susanna Foo's—Julia Child (seated) joined by masterful chefs Jacques Pepin, Susanna Foo, Anne Willan and Graham Kerr (l-r).
2. TV-host and author Graham Kerr, who later joined Julia Child in presenting the 1996 Julia Child Cookbook Awards.
3. The ever-dapper Jacques Pepin and fan at the Reading Terminal Market.
4. Global Gourmet Executive Editor Kate Heyhoe and Southern cooking expert Nathalie Dupree.
5. Lora Brody, queen of the bread machine, is exuberantly greeted at the Reading Terminal Market by a wandering tomato...or maybe it's a carrot (?).
6. Linda Gassenheimer, eGG host on AOL and author of "Dinner in Minutes" joins colleague Anne Willan, TV-host and noted author of "Anne Willan's Look & Cook series."
7. TVFN-host and author of the "Monday-to-Friday Cookbook" Michele Urvator with piggy pal.
8. Graham Kerr, in kilt, pitches in to promote the charity auction.
9. Lisa Ekus, the leading public relations expert for culinary professionals, shares her advice at an IACP seminar.
10. Rick Bayless, 1995 Chef of the Year, demonstrates cooking with chiles.
11. David Masumoto (r.) gleefully displays the award for his outstanding "Epitaph for a Peach: Four Seasons on My Family Farm" while e.pr president Bob Michels congratulates him.
IN JULIA'S KITCHEN WITH MASTER CHEFS
by Julia Child
Photographs by Michael McLaughlin
U.S.A. $35.00, Canada $49.00 (Hardcover)
Alfred A. Knopf
(Reprinted with permission.)
This Archived Page created between 1994 and 2001. Modified August 2007
Anatolia: Turkish Recipes
The Beer Bible
Beetlebung Farm Cookbook
Bird in Hand (Chicken)
Bob's Joke Burgers
Dinner at Home
Fast Food (Andrew Weil)
Food 52 Genius
The Food Lab
Heritage Southern Recipes
Jemima Code African Recipes
Near & Far World Recipes
NOPI Restaurant Cookbook
Oxford Companion to Wine
Phoenix Claws: Chinese
The Third Plate
V Is for Vegetables
What Katie Ate
The Whole 30
Whole Food Kitchen
Zahav Israeli Cooking
Copyright © 1994-2016,