Highlights from the Julia Child Cookbook Awards and International Association of Culinary Professionals (IACP) Conference, held April 23-27, 1996, in Philadelphia, PA. (photos taken with an early, pre-1995 digital camera)
1. Dinner at Susanna Foo's—Julia Child (seated) joined by masterful chefs Jacques Pepin, Susanna Foo, Anne Willan and Graham Kerr (l-r).
2. TV-host and author Graham Kerr, who later joined Julia Child in presenting the 1996 Julia Child Cookbook Awards.
3. The ever-dapper Jacques Pepin and fan at the Reading Terminal Market.
4. Global Gourmet Executive Editor Kate Heyhoe and Southern cooking expert Nathalie Dupree.
5. Lora Brody, queen of the bread machine, is exuberantly greeted at the Reading Terminal Market by a wandering tomato...or maybe it's a carrot (?).
6. Linda Gassenheimer, eGG host on AOL and author of "Dinner in Minutes" joins colleague Anne Willan, TV-host and noted author of "Anne Willan's Look & Cook series."
7. TVFN-host and author of the "Monday-to-Friday Cookbook" Michele Urvator with piggy pal.
8. Graham Kerr, in kilt, pitches in to promote the charity auction.
9. Lisa Ekus, the leading public relations expert for culinary professionals, shares her advice at an IACP seminar.
10. Rick Bayless, 1995 Chef of the Year, demonstrates cooking with chiles.
11. David Masumoto (r.) gleefully displays the award for his outstanding "Epitaph for a Peach: Four Seasons on My Family Farm" while e.pr president Bob Michels congratulates him.
IN JULIA'S KITCHEN WITH MASTER CHEFS
by Julia Child
Photographs by Michael McLaughlin
U.S.A. $35.00, Canada $49.00 (Hardcover)
Alfred A. Knopf
(Reprinted with permission.)
This Archived Page created between 1994 and 2001. Modified August 2007
The Global Gourmet®
175 Home Recipes
Burma: Rivers of Flavor
Cake Mix Doctor
Craft of Coffee
Crazy Sexy Kitchen
Fifty Shades Chicken
French Slow Cooker
Frontera - Rick Bayless
Gluten-Free Quick & Easy
Jerusalem: A Cookbook
Lidia's Favorite Recipes
Make-Ahead and Freeze
Paleo Slow Cooking
Quick Family Cookbook
Southern Living Recipes
Sweet Life in Paris
Trader Joe's Vegetarian
Copyright © 1994-2017,