Pate a Choux Riche
(for Pommes Dauphine)
Serving Size: 1
- 1 cup water—8 oz by weight
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter—4 oz by weight
- 1 cup flour bread—4 oz by weight
- 4 each eggs large—8 oz by weight, total.
- Bring the water, salt and butter to a boil.
- As soon as it boils, dump in the flour and stir hard, using a
wooden spoon, until it is a uniform mass.
- Remove from the fire, adding one egg at a time until it is
completely absorbed. If it is to be held any amount of time, cover
with oiled paper or saran. Total weight of the mix = 24 oz, enough
for 4 lbs of Pomme Duchess.
Notes: This is a rich variant for the kitchen,
as it browns too well for the bakeshop
All About Potatoes
Steve's #14 Recipes:
- French Fried Potatoes
- Pommes Duchesse
- Pommes Dauphine
- Lorette Pate a Choux
©1996, Steve K. Holzinger. All rights reserved.
This Archived Page created between 1994 and 2001. Modified August 2007