Makes 6 servings
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Spray nonstick baking sheet and a 1-quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In medium bowl, combine eggplant and 1 teaspoon of the oil; toss to coat. On prepared baking sheet, arrange eggplant slices in a single layer. Repeat procedure with squash, then zucchini, tossing each with 1 teaspoon of the oil and arranging each separately in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake 12 minutes; turn vegetables and bake 8 minutes longer. Reduce oven temperature to 350F.
3. In large nonstick skillet, heat the remaining 1 teaspoon oil; add onion, bell pepper and garlic. Sauté over medium heat, 5 minutes, until onion is soft. Cook, covered, shaking pan occasionally, 5 minutes longer.
4. In small bowl, combine tomato paste and 1/2 cup of water; set aside. In separate small bowl, combine parsley, basil, thyme, salt and pepper.
5. In prepared casserole, arrange half of the baked eggplant slices; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the herb mixture. Continue layering with half each of the sliced tomato, baked squash, onion mixture and baked zucchini, sprinkling 1 teaspoon of the herb mixture between each layer. Repeat procedure, ending with zucchini.
6. Pour tomato paste mixture over layered vegetables. Bake, covered with foil, 50 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer.
1/2 Fat, 3 Vegetables, 5 Optional Calories
80 Calories, 2 g Protein, 4 g Fat, 12 g Carbohydrate, 184 mg Sodium, 0 mg Cholesterol, 3 g Dietary Fiber
The Weight Watchers Complete Cookbook & Program Basics
Weight Watchers Light and Tasty Deluxe CD-ROM
Copyright © 1997 The Learning Company, Inc.
Recipes copyright © Weight Watchers International, Inc., owner of the registered trademark.
All Rights Reserved.
Recipes & photos reprinted by permission.
This page originally published as part of the electronic Gourmet Guide between 1994 and 1998.
Copyright © 2007, Forkmedia LLC. All rights reserved.
Modified August 2007
Anatolia: Turkish Recipes
The Beer Bible
Beetlebung Farm Cookbook
Bird in Hand (Chicken)
Bob's Joke Burgers
Dinner at Home
Fast Food (Andrew Weil)
Food 52 Genius
The Food Lab
Heritage Southern Recipes
Jemima Code African Recipes
Near & Far World Recipes
NOPI Restaurant Cookbook
Oxford Companion to Wine
Phoenix Claws: Chinese
The Third Plate
V Is for Vegetables
What Katie Ate
The Whole 30
Whole Food Kitchen
Zahav Israeli Cooking
Copyright © 1994-2016,