Herb Baked Tomatoes
Serving Size: 4
Preparation Time :0:15
- 2 each tomatoes ,medium sized, ripe—cut in half
- 1 cup Light
- 1 tbl chives—chopped
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 cloves garlic—chopped fine
- 1 tbl oil olive
- Cut tomatoes in half, preferably dogtoothed. You might choose
to use 4 small tomatoes, if you like, and just cut off the
- Add additional ingredients to the light gratin, except for the
- Sprinkle the light gratin over the tops of the cut tomatoes. Do
not pack. Sprinkle the tops with olive oil.
- Bake in a very hot oven, 425 F, until the tomatoes are soft,
but firm enough to handle, about 10 minutes. The gratin should have
set and browned, if not give it a second or two to color under the
NOTES: Use any combination of herbs you like.
Fresh basil is wonderful in season. Avoid oregano unless serving
with fish. Be carefull not to over cook or the tomatoes will be
impossible to handle.
Steve's #12 Recipes:
- Baked Fish
- Herb Baked
- Light Gratin
- Macaroni au
- Poached Eggs
- Sauce Mornay
All About Gratins
©1996, Steve K. Holzinger. All rights reserved.
This Archived Page created between 1994 and 2001. Modified August 2007