Yield: 1 Sandwich
|2 slices||2 slices||White bread|
|as needed||as needed||Butter|
|1 oz||30 g||Sliced turkey or chicken breast|
|1 oz||30 g||Sliced ham|
|1 oz||30 g||Sliced Swiss cheese|
|2 tbsp||30 mL||Milk|
Per serving: Calories, 570; Protein. 35 g; Fat, 30 g (48% cal.); Cholesterol, 285 mg; Carbohydrates, 37 g; Fiber, 1 g; Sodium, 650 mg.
1. Place the bread on a clean work surface. Spread the tops with butter.
2. Place the turkey, ham, and cheese slices on one of the pieces of bread. Top with the remaining slice of bread, buttered side down.
3. Secure the sandwich with 2 picks placed in opposite corners.
4. Beat the egg and milk together to form a batter.
5. Dip the sandwich in the batter until it is completely coated and the liquid has partially soaked into the bread.
6. Fry the sandwich in deep fat at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) until golden brown.
7. Cut in half or quarters and serve immediately.
Alternative Method: Omit the picks and cook on a griddle until browned on both sides.
Also available: Study Guide to Accompany Professional Cooking, 7th Edition
This page created May 2010
Copyright © 1994-2017,