French Feasts by Stephane Reynaud, includes recipes like Pumpkin Soup with Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Soupe de Courge et Ses Graines Grillées); Neck of Mutton Stew (Ragout de Mouton); and Pike Terrine (Terrine de Brochet).
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 35 Minutes
1. Peel the pumpkin and cut into large chunks.
2. Remove the pumpkin seeds and roast them in a 350 degrees F oven with a little olive oil: they should be crunchy when done.
3. Cook the pumpkin chunks in a covered saucepan with a small quantity of water until tender.
4. Puree the soup, and add the cream, spices, and sugar. Cook an additional 5 minutes.
5. Garnish and serve with roasted pumpkin seeds.
Wine: Bourgogne Blanc
Buy French Feasts
This page created December 2009
Copyright © 1994-2017,