The Culinary Institute of America presents Vegetables, a comprehensive single-subject cookbook, with recipes like Lemon-Infused Greek Salad with Grape Leaves , Mixed Grill of Garden Vegetables with Charmoula, and Tomato Sampler with Pan-Fried Calamari.
Charmoula is a fresh, pungent, pungent sauce made with fresh lemon juice, parsley, cilantro, paprika, cumin, and cayenne pepper, perfect for brightening and enhancing the rich, smoky taste of grill vegetables.
1. Combine the ingredients for the charmoula and set aside. (The charmoula is best when freshly prepared, but it can be made up to 8 hours in advance and held in a covered container in the refrigerator.)
2. Halve the artichokes and remove the chokes. Set aside. Score the zucchini with the tines of a fork. Set aside.
3. Cook the potatoes in salted boiling water until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and let cool to the touch. Cut the potatoes in half. Set aside.
4. Blanch the fennel, carrots, and asparagus separately for 2 minutes, or until tender-crisp. Drain and let cool to the touch. Cut the fennel into quarters and core them. Set aside.
5. Combine the olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add all the vegetables, turn to coat, and let sit for 30 minutes.
6. Light a fire in a charcoal or gas grill. Grill the vegetables, adding them to the grill in the order given in the ingredients list. Grill the vegetables until they begin to take on color and are cooked through.
7. Arrange the grilled vegetables on a platter, drizzle them with the charmoula, and serve either hot or at room temperature.
Dress 2 cups of curly parsley sprigs with a dressing made from 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan. Sprinkle the salad over the grilled vegetables instead of preparing the charmoula.
Top the grilled vegetables with 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese and 3 tablespoons minced dill before seasoning with lemon juice, salt, and cracked pepper to taste.
Serve either hot or at room temperature.
This page created July 2007
Anatolia: Turkish Recipes
The Beer Bible
Beetlebung Farm Cookbook
Bird in Hand (Chicken)
Bob's Joke Burgers
Dinner at Home
Fast Food (Andrew Weil)
Food 52 Genius
The Food Lab
Heritage Southern Recipes
Jemima Code African Recipes
Near & Far World Recipes
NOPI Restaurant Cookbook
Oxford Companion to Wine
Phoenix Claws: Chinese
The Third Plate
V Is for Vegetables
What Katie Ate
The Whole 30
Whole Food Kitchen
Zahav Israeli Cooking
Copyright © 1994-2016,