Chicken & Mango Salad
- 2 cups roast chicken, shredded, homemade or purchased
- 2/3 cup peanut or canola oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2-3 teaspoons Asian chile oil (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup roasted salted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, and thinly sliced
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
Make the vinaigrette:
In a food processor or blender, combine the peanut oil, vinegar, mustard, and chile oil (if using) and process until blended. Add the garlic and chutney and continue to process to a smooth puree.
Assemble the salad:
In a bowl, combine the chicken, celery, onion, cashews, and mango. Add the vinaigrette and toss gently to coat. Divide the lettuce among individual plates, top with the chicken mixture, and serve.
- Food Made Fast—Weeknight
- from Williams-Sonoma
- Oxmoor House 2006
- Color photographs throughout
- 0-8487-3135-2 (Pasta)
- 0-8487-3136-0 (Soup)
- 0-8487-3137-9 (Weeknight)
- 0-8487-3138-7 (Baking)
- 0-8487-3139-5 (Slow Cooker)
- Recipe reprinted by permission.
Buy Slow Cooker
Food Made Fast
Food Made Fast recipes from the Spring 2007 books in the series: Seafood, Grilling, Salad, and Asian.
This page modified March 2007